Sunday, March 2, 2008

Driving Me Crazy!

On Saturday I had to go up North and teach. It's a long ride for the kids. For the first half of the drive the kids were great, about Layton things got outta control. Owen started screaming because Tatumn was to close to his car seat. Tatumn of course had to push the limit and get as close as she could without actually touching it. In the meantime I was up front trying to figure out a way to turn off the child locks and push both kids out! We made it up to Tremonton with both kids safely in the car, but I needed a straight jacket and was greatly looking forward to leaving them for the day. Luckily the ride home was better or I would have thrown myself out or I would have bought a bigger vehicle so my kids wouldn't be able to bug each other. It really makes me wonder how my parents were able to drive to Florida and back with all 5 of us kids in the back. Now that I think about it I can remember my dad threatening to pull over and get a switch. I guess I'll have to try that threat because it sure worked for us.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I hear you!!! Driving with kids is suicide. I like the changes you've made on your blog!!!

Megan P said...

You are so funny!
I remember one time me and my sister were fighting really bad & my dad kept threatening to make us walk...well we must have pushed the limit...and we walked home from Bear River City..
He would also threaten to pick up hitchikers if we didn't calm down...ya he followed through with that one too!! :)
It was so fun to see you. Lexi informed me there were only 11 more days until we see you again!!

Trisha said...

Oh, I can relate all too well! Seems like that is the scenario playing on repeat in my car 24/7. Your kids are so cute! I love your family picture, darling!

Unknown said...

Suzanne,
I love your new look on your blog! You are never going to believe that I almost picked this as my new background too....we must have the same taste :) Well you have good taste anyway right! Cute, cute!

Megan P said...

Cute new background!! Love it!

Middle School Survival Guide said...

What day was that?